Wednesday, October 17, 2007

congratulations

oops- over 2 weeks without a post
As mentioned before this post is mostly written at home where the computer has been constantly hogged by my very busy civil servant partner. Trying to do anything at work has been tricky as this is the big month of selling books at launches. We've been to Max Hastings, Ken Follet, Simon Sebag Montefiore (twice) John O'Farrell, John Simpson (twice) and a Gyles Brandreth event with Piers Brendon and AA Gill still to come as well as selling bocks at the ever interesting Battle of Ideas.
but it's not all about glamour, last night I could have gone to the Booker parties but, sadly, my diary just said- 'pick up kids.' Embarrassingly this was not due to Kirsty having important civil servant things to do- she was at Crystal Palace High Street having a massage- now I'm not sure if this just further underlines my already impeccable new man credentials or just goes to show what a crap negotiator I am.
It does, however, bring me on nicely to the ManBooker- and congratulations to Anne Enright. I must admit that I have not read any of her novels but they do always look intestring and there is no doubt that she can write- I glean this information from her book 'Making Babies' possibly the best and certainly the best written book on becoming a mother.

3 comments:

Iain said...

You read books about becoming a mother? You truly are a new man.

Anonymous said...

actually my back hurts and my nek aches and my hair is prone to turning grey or falling out- sometimes both.
new?

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I'm wondering why there's no mention on the Pan blog of the press release from Macmillan and oncoming closure?

Don't you think you should let people know and let them have their say?

A disgruntled reader, and VERY regular customer